I met the devil today and she simply said hello
The more I looked at her I could swear I saw her skin glow
She was so pretty and I seemed to fall in love
I even went as far as to look up and said thanks to the man up above
Man, i NEEDed a good friend
(Who knew this was the end)
And then I saw her smile
I didn’t see this coming - not for a fuckin mile
My heart is weak
It still haunts my dreams
Why did You give him permission to look at the desires I seek
That’s the only way he would have known that I would fall.. well that’s how it seems
I still wanna look at her and hold her hand
I still wanna call and ask, “can we move past”
But emotions on a beach… washed away by sand
And thoughts of how when she said yes… it didn’t last
How could you be ok with what u did
I think about all the times we shared and the words we said
How could u blame everything on me
And somehow u acted like I messed up what was meant to be
I was Ariel… I just wanted my dream
Signed up for an amazing friendship with the queen
Looking towards my future and having everything
And there I was as I watched her sing
It was my voice and it was my plan
Downward spiral into fiery home
Wishing for the cooling sensation of a snowflake or fan
But there I was burned… already scorched my dome
I allowed you to haunt me for about half of my year
I let you change me into a person I wasn’t
I watched and I promise u I will not shed one more tear
I will love myself and fuck everyone who doesn’t
You broke me… I was Job and forgot that I was strong
And now I do remember to thank Him all day long
God gave you permission to remind me how pray
And I swear I will never allow you to tempt me again after today
You won a battle and I won a war
And honestly I pray for u bc the Devils a whore
He listens and promises everything that’s good
But then ur alone and he stole anything he could
Good luck my old friend… the love will never die.
Im sorry u and I had to end like this,
Im cutting your hold on me and on us.
This is my goodbye…
To you, pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment