What if you had gotten ur shit together and not left?
What if you had not lied?
What if you had called when I lost my child?
What if when you finally called I never answered?
What if I died?
What if I died?
What if i died?
(What would my mom have said?
What about Erin?
What about my daddy?... he would have been so mad at me.
What about my dreams?
Would anyone remember?
Would you have ever changed?
What if it was enough to shake you?
... what is enough to shake u?)
What if I said yes?
What if I say yes?
What if I say goodbye to you?
What if I gave you one piece of what you gave me?
What if you grew up?
What if you knew what you wanted?
What if when you called... i said im talkin to someone else right now... im really happy. how r u? how have you been? yeah we can be friends... but thats all. bc i like where im at. (i often think about y i hadnt taken this approach)
What if u realized that "what if" is just a question. and that if you didnt spend so much time wondering you might still have a friend.
What if you realized that the difference between a boy and a man is looking and chasing...
What if you realized I was the real thing...
What if its too late?
What if I didnt love u?
... well, we will never know. because you left me... murdered me... watched me die... and i still find myself standing by your side.
What if life made sense? I guess things would be a lot easier then. Too bad. They dont.
I PRAY that you realize that the point of a what if is to wonder... to make crazy scenarios... i play it all the time with gracie and on occasion with other friends. to wonder about the endless opportunities that this crazy life we have can offer us. but the thing is the scenarios we make we leave at that... hurting no one. leaving no one to be alone. jus a game. life isnt a game. but to u it was jus a gamble. u lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment